Bastille Day 2016: What’s On and Where
Bastille Day again I hear you say… where has the year gone… has it really been a year? Well, very nearly! Here is an idea of what’s on and where, so you join in with other Francophiles and celebrate together.
- Alliance Francaise Sydney: Bastille Day celebrations at The Argyle, The Rocks, Sydney including free drink, can can dances, food, wine, music and ‘french fun’. 5pm till late tickets $15
- Alliance Francaise Newcastle: Celebration lunch on Saturday 16 July at Le Passe Temps.
- Petite Belle: 98 Glebe Road, The Junction will celebrate the day with special patisserie items on offer in their new and convenient location at The Junction. French staff members will be celebrating the day in style and will be delighted to help you choose your special Bastille Day French pastries and food.
- Le Passe Temps: 73-75 Hunter Street, Newcastle will host the Alliance Francaise Newcastle lunch event. The elegant 1920s French-style lounge is a stylish way to mark ‘le jour de la Bastille’. 4910 4060
- TheEssential Ingredient Newcastle: Junction Fair, 200 Union Street, The Junction stocks a comprehensive range of imported French foodstuffs. So, if you are inviting guests over to ‘yours’ for a bit of French celebration then a stop at The Essential Ingredient will provide you with the foodstuffs you need. 4926 1991
- The Little French Cafe: 54/56 Belford St, Broadmeadow. The atmosphere will be celebratory at this well known french cafe with special patisseries on offer that are not usually available throughout the rest of the year.
- Pork Ewe Deli: Mayfield has a loyal following of customers who know their French food. Fresh cheese, fruit and cold meat platters are no problem to create and share with friends, family and colleagues this Bastille Day after a visit at the Deli. 4906 8774
With so much happening in our local area I’m sure you’ll enjoy this “Le Jour de la Bastille 2016′! Let me know your plans if you’re heading to one of the above events. Or, if you are planning your own celebrations share how you will decorate your house or garden for the occasion? We would love to see your photos so why not post them on our Facebook page.
For me, I am hosting a small lunch affair with individual quiche lorraine; a selection of French fromage and saucisse; fresh crusty baguettes with pâté; croissants; petit fours and macarons. Of course, French champagne will be our drink of the day! I wish you an enjoyable ‘le jour de la Bastille’… Annette XxJoin us...